Sunday, June 3, 2012

#4: Visit Paris & French Wine Country

As my list of cancer resolutions winds down (I only have twenty-one more!), I'm closing in on some very high-level, bucket list goals. Many of these goals - like this one, #4 - are simply not possible to achieve in the narrow time frame I've set aside with this blog. Even though I didn't go to Paris and French wine country, Resolution #4 still isn't a "non-resolution" exactly. I did just get back from a trip that may be considered the next best (more accessible, less costly) thing - San Francisco and American wine country!



It was beautiful. The best part was driving through the plush Californian landscape in Napa and Sonoma Valleys, scurrying from winery to winery, tasting white, red, sweet, dry wines and everything in between, talking to winemakers about their life's work and seeing the grapevines that produce some of the world's best wines. I assume it's nothing like Bourdeaux or Alsace (and I'll still glare at my boyfriend with jealousy when he mentions his travels through those regions), but the trip was bucket-list worthy nonetheless.

These resolutions started as an immediate way of making the most of my post-cancer life. I've received good news after good news since then, making it possible to delay some of these resolutions to a time in my now certain future. Luckily for me, Paris isn't going anywhere.

And who complains about a life where San Fran, Napa and Sonoma are second-best, anyway?!

No comments:

Post a Comment