Tuesday, October 18, 2011

#90: Revive Family Sundays

I can't remember when my life has been more hectic. I'm working full-time, studying part-time, swimming twice a week, training for a 10k in December, doing speaking engagements sporadically, all the while trying to make time for myself, my boyfriend, my family, and my friends. I barely have enough time to do my laundry, let alone clean my apartment or shop for groceries.


But last Sunday, I was able to make some time to go to Milton and have dinner with my mom, my sisters and my grandparents at my mom's new house. Although the time spent together is hard to come by, it's always worth it, and usually long overdue by the time it happens.

That's something I really liked about treatment - I had a set schedule of when I'd be at home, could spend time with my sister and my niece, visit with some old friends, and most often, get time to myself to recuperate.

Though I might not need to recuperate from chemo treatments anymore, I'll never stop needing to mentally recuperate from the race against the clock in everyday life.

That's where my family comes in. They're a necessary and welcome reminder of how far I've come, what my values are, and sometimes, whether I need to get my head out of my ass and start to pay attention to what's going on around me.

So, what better time to revive Family Sundays then now, the busiest time of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment